Transfers between TAP-participating systems are exclusively on TAP. Use TAP to transfer from one system to another within 2½ hours from the first tap of your journey.
How do I transfer between systems?
- Make sure you have Stored Value loaded onto your TAP card before you begin your trip.
- Pay with TAP when you first board the system, then tap again when you transfer to another system.
- Your transfer fare will automatically be deducted from your Stored Value balance upon your second tap.
- You must have a TAP card to transfer between systems.
- You must pay full fare when you board the second system if you don’t have Stored Value loaded onto your TAP card at the start of your trip.
- Transfer fares are calculated automatically.
- Transfer fares are determined by the accepting TAP transit agency. Contact your local TAP-participating agency for specific transfer options.