Use TAP to improve your multimodal transit experience. You can pay for bus and rail trips as well as other transit programs throughout LA County.
Customize your account to fit your individual payment and mobility options and tap your way across LA.
For Bus and Rail
Use a TAP card to load Stored Value or agency passes on 27 participating transit systems. Just tap each time you board a bus or train and the correct fare will be deducted.
Flexible Payment Options
Your TAP account supports many payment options such as credit/debit cards, PayPal and PayNearMe for cash customers.
Your TAP card will enable you to enjoy benefits such as:
- Pay fare for 27 agencies across LA County
- Flexible reloading options:
- Quick and efficient payment on bus and rail
- Automatic interagency transfers
You can enjoy additional benefits by registering your TAP card including:
- Ability to track ride history and manage your TAP account
- Access to discounts and promotions
- Use your phone to tap and pay (TAP app)
- Balance Protection - If your card is lost or stolen you can recover the balance and transfer it to a new card.
- Programs - Metro Bike Share is now a TAP program. Additional programs including Microtransit, Scooters, Ride-Hailing, Parking and Electric Vehicle car charging are also on the way.
- Flexible payment options for cash and non-cash riders, including PayNearMe, Google and Apple Pay and PayPal
Explore taptogo.net and check out our FAQ page for additional questions. Then tap and go!