The GO TAP (Group Organization) Program allows groups and organizations to offer managed TAP cards to their members. The cards may be used for payment of fares on all TAP-participating transit agencies. Groups of any size may participate, including government agencies, school districts and public and private companies.
- Convenient, recurring card loads
- Managed account structure with one administrative contact
- Members own their TAP cards and can load other fare products for personal use
- All TAP rider classes and fare products are supported
- An alternative to transit checks or transit benefit cards for your members
A GO TAP account is managed primarily by the group's assigned Administrator. GO TAP staff are available 5 days a week to provide technical support, including training. Administrators may access their account through taptogo.net and perform the following activities for their members:
- Order fares (submit orders monthly or at any interval)
- Add and remove cardholders
- Register new cards
- Report lost or stolen cards
- Order replacement cards
Payment in full is required at the time of each order. The following payment methods are accepted:
- Credit card
- Purchase Order (Available for government agencies only. Requires advance approval by Metro or other TAP agency.)
Available Fare Products
Fare products from TAP-participating transit agencies are available at list price.
- Stored Value - Pay-per-ride option where the correct fare is automatically deducted. Load any amount up to $300.
- EZ transit pass - Monthly calendar-based pass good for local travel on 24 transit agencies throughout LA County.
- Agency Pass - Weekly and monthly passes offered by a specific transit agency.
Reduced Fares for Qualified Participants
GO TAP can support reduced fare cardholders. Apply online for a reduced fare TAP card.
- Disabled Person
- College/Vocational Student
- K-12 Student
TAP Participating Transit Agencies
Load agency passes, Stored Value or a EZ transit pass on your TAP card and ride across these 24 TAP-participating transit systems.
* Offers agency specific passes
- How do I set-up a GO TAP account?
- Download the Group Organization GO TAP enrollment form. Once completed email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I know which pass to purchase?
- Call 323-GO-METRO (323-466-3876) for assistance. Provide the customer service representative with your starting location and your destination and they will let you know which pass is required.
- What happens after I place my order?
- Every GO TAP order placed on TAPTOGO.net is held for the following month with the exception of orders placed between the 25th and the last day of the month which process immediately. If you would like your order processed prior to the 25th of the month, please email your order number to email@example.com with the subject line “Release” and the “Order Number”. You can also call 213-922-3702 to request your order be released.
- How long until the fare is loaded to the TAP card?
- Once your order is released for processing the fare can take up to 48 hours to be available on the TAP card. Learn more about fare availability.
- How do I have fare transferred from one TAP card to another?
- The account administrator can request a fare transfer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the old card number and new card number.
- What do I do if the checkout screen says “insufficient funds?”
- If your account is managed by a ”Parent Account“ with a monthly budget, please contact your budget manager to make sure you have enough funds for your purchase. If you are unable to reach your administrator, you can contact GO TAP at 213-922-3702.
- How do I apply for a Reduced Fare TAP card?
- You may apply online for a Reduced Fare TAP card. Or download and complete the application and mail it in to the Reduced Fare Department at:
TAP Reduced Fare Office
One Gateway Plaza
Mail Stop 99-PL-4
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2952
Applications can also be submitted in person at any of the Metro Customer Centers
Union Station/Gateway Transit Center - East Portal
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Center
3650 W. Martin Luther King Blvd., Ste. 189
Los Angeles, CA 90008
East Los Angeles Center
4501 B Whittier Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90022
3183 Wilshire Blvd, Ste. 174
Los Angeles, CA 90010
- How do I order a replacement Reduced Fare TAP card?
- If a member's Reduced Fare card is lost, stolen, defective, or expired, the cardholder may order a replacement card online or by calling 866-TAPTOGO (866-827-8646). A $5 administrative fee applies when the replacement card is requested.
- What is the difference between a calendar pass and a rolling pass?
- Calendar passes are valid from the 1st day of the month through the last day of the month and must be activated by the 24th of the month. Rolling passes are valid for a specific number of days from the first time “tapped” (i.e. 7, 30, or 31) and can be activated at any time. EZ transit passes are calendar-based and must be active prior to the 15th of the month to be active for the current month.
An asterisk (*) on the website product menu indicates a calendar-based pass. Otherwise, the product is a rolling pass.