Your phone is the safe, easy way to pay with the new TAP app.
App, Tap, Go
Add a new TAP card to your iPhone and Apple Watch using the TAP app
- In the TAP app, sign in or create a TAP account.
- In the Cards section, press “Add a TAP Card to Apple Wallet” or press (“add card” icon) at the top left.
- Follow the prompts to add Stored Value or a pass to your TAP card.
- Once your purchase is complete, press “Add to Apple Wallet.” Choose which Apple device (iPhone or Apple Watch) will use your new card.
- Once your card is added, it will display in the Cards section of the TAP app as well as in Apple Wallet.
Add a TAP card that is already in your TAP account
- In the TAP app, sign in to your TAP account.
- In the Cards section, select the plastic TAP card you wish to transfer and press “Transfer Card to Apple Wallet.”
- Read the guidelines and press “Yes, Transfer my Card.”
- Follow the prompts to transfer your plastic TAP card to Apple Wallet.
- Once your plastic card is transferred, it will be deactivated and replaced with a new TAP card with a new card number.
- Reduced Fare customers: Please keep your plastic TAP card with you when riding to confirm your Reduced Fare status to a fare enforcement officer.
Check out the TAP App FAQs page for more information on the TAP app.
The TAP app will soon be available for Android users. Stay tuned for more details.