How It Works
1. Sign up. You must be at least 16 years old and have a TAP account with an associated credit card. If you already have a TAP card, sign in and register the card to your TAP account. Or you can purchase one when you enroll for Metro Bike Share.
2. Check out a bike. Use your TAP card to release a bike or download the Metro Bike Share app to access mobile check-out. Find available bikes/docks in real time with the station map or Metro Bike Share app.
3. Start riding! Don’t forget your helmet. Never leave your bike unattended and always return your bike to a Metro Bike Share station or designated docking area. To avoid replacement fees, please return the bike undamaged within the allowed check-out time.
Reduced Fare Passes
TAP Reduced Fare cardholders qualify for discounts on some Metro Bike Share passes. Learn more about Reduced Fares.
- Senior (62 years and older)
- Person with Disability
- College/Vocational Student
- K-12 Student (16 years and older)
With a Reduced Fare card, a 30-Day Pass costs $5 and a 365-Day Pass costs $50. The discounted price will be applied when you checkout.
Bike Share for Business
Employers can offer a fun and affordable transportation benefit for their employees at a discounted price. More about Bike Share for Business.
Includes 30-minute rides all month.* Your pass begins on the date of purchase and expires after 30 days.
Includes 30-minute rides all year.* Your pass begins on the date of purchase and expires one year from that date.
* Bikes that are checked out for longer than 30 minutes will result in additional charges or convenience fees (e.g. $1.75 per additional 30 minutes).
Electric Metro Bike Unlocking Fees:
Unlocking fees for the Electric Metro Bike are waived for 30-Day, 365-Day and Reduced Fare passholders.